Saturday, March 30, 2013

we are sending you back to the united states...

That definitely was not something I was expecting to hear this past week. 


I know some of you are wondering what exactly happened... I am wondering the same thing.  But, here, I will tell you just how the past few days have been.

Wednesday, I got a phone call from my mission president, saying that I was going home.  After nearly a month of every day migraine headaches to the point of not being able to stand or sit up strait along with a few other things happening, and the doctors in Ecuador wanted to do some risky exams, the decision was made to send me back to the United States to get everything figured out.  I called my mom to tell her exactly what was going down and she said, after she had sent some of my results to my doctor here in Utah that, "Stacia, you are sick and you need to come home and get better."

Thursday was a full day of travel.

Friday, I met with my Stake President and was released as a missionary, and then had a doctors appointment shortly after.  When we got to the doctor, we started talked and then she asked, "What are you doing here?  You need to go the ER right now."  So I was promptly driven to the ER where they did some blood work and a spinal tap and confirmed that I did not have spiral meningitis or cancer (two things that some dramatic doctors thought that I may have had).  And, after that, I was brought back to my house wondering why I am in Utah and not in Ecuador.

We have some other doctors appointments lined up, and hopefully can figure out what is going on.  Right now, I am thinking that I just have some horrible parasites?  That is what I am hoping for at least...  We will see. 

Right now, I have no idea what I am doing with my life.  Maybe I will go back out on my mission once I am healthy.  Maybe I will run away to Grenada.  Maybe I will stay here and continue with my life.  I am just not sure at the moment...  We will see what the doctors say.

But thank you so much for everything you all have done for me!!!  I really appreciate it.  I have been so blessed with such great family and friends.  And I really have seen miracles in my life during this time.  Everything is going to be okay.

I will keep you posted. 

Mucho amor,
Stacia Ellis
(It is weird saying that)

P.S. It makes it all worth the blood tests, spinal tap, and doctors appointments to hear my niece say that she is glad that I am home. She is the best.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to see you. So bad. You need to get healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stac! I am so glad those tests came back negative for meningitis and cancer...holy cow i have been praying for you. I hope you are doing okay, I really wanted to come with Jess to see you the other day, but we had a baby shower for Emily! We should do something this week if you are feeling up for it!! So glad you are doing okay, I have missed you so much!

    ReplyDelete