Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3/18/2013




I am so thankful right now.  I have seen in this past week how much I have grown and I have all the trials to thank for that.  It has been rough, but I can honestly say that there is no other work in the world that I would rather be doing right now than missionary work right here in Calderon, Ecuador.  I am also thankful that Hermana Norton is my companion.  She is so great, and, let me just tell you, that even though we are not native Spanish speakers, we have some of the best lessons that I have ever taught together.  She is really such a great missionary and just a wonderful person.  We just love the people we are teaching so much and want them to progress so when we are sick, it is not only hard physically, but mentally knowing that we are losing so much valuable time to be with the people of Calderon.  I am so thankful for the Gospel in my life and the knowledge about the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation.  I would not and could not make it through this whole experience if I didn't know, with everything I have, that the Church is true.  That Joesph Smith was a prophet.  And that the Lord is our Father and wants us to return to Him.  I want to be a missionary the rest of my life!!... But, at the same time, the idea of November and American food sounds really good right now.  

Thank you for all your support!!  
I love you all so very much!!!
Hermana Ellis







1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Sydni & I am about ready to turn in my papers. I have been so nervous about it, though, and I just want to say thank you for writing this blog. It has inspired me and helped me get more emotionally prepared to serve. Also, I lived in Ecuador for a year, so I can relate to your gringa problems :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete