Monday, March 11, 2013

3/11/2013

Family, hello!!!

This week has gone by so fast.  Hermana Norton and I have been a little sick, so we had to stay in a little, but I am going to tell you some things, yeah?  Yeah.

First, Hermana Norton and I have been having an easy time getting into houses, we were talking about it the other day, and we came to the conclusion that it is because we are both happy, smiling people.  Not that our old companions are unhappy people, but they were really serious.  So we have been having more success in that way.

Yesterday, in church, there was a member who was motioning to us to come out of the sacrament meeting.  We went out and he said, "there is a young man over there who doesn't want to enter with me, he wants one of you to come and be with him." it was one of our investigators, P.  He is A´s brother and is 13 years old.  We went out and spent like five minutes trying to convince him to come into the meeting... By "convince" I mean we spent five minutes pulling him into the meeting.  He is progressing along just fine.

We are also teaching a young girl named R who is really great, her mom, uncle and grandmother are members too.  She knows that the Church is true, but with her schooling, it is hard for her to have time.  They do school activities and stuff on Sunday here. 

We also had a lesson with a girl named M.  She is really funny and really passionate about religion.  In the lesson, there were a few times that things got a little awkward and heated.  She is Catholic, but doesn't believe that the Catholic church is true because she says it has a lot of things that go against the teachings of Christ.  But, at the end of the lesson, she told us, "Regardless of if I join your church or not, will you guys continue to visit me?"  And of course we will.  We also made friends with her mom - she is very Catholic too.

Let's see... What else.  Sundays are the worst day in the mission.  But I love Calderon so much and the people here that I just love going to church in this sector.  It is still stressful trying to get all the investigators to church, and disappointing when some of them do not show up, but I just love the members and the feeling in this ward.

I don't know what else to say.
I love you all!!!
Have a wonderful week!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EISLEY GWEN!!!!!

Love,
 Hermana Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment