Monday, February 4, 2013

Three Packages!


First, I got THREE packages today.  Thank you friends and Mom.  You are all the best. 
 
Second, I got a letter... from Madeline Newhouse.  I forgot about it until I got to the bus station.  I opened it up and started FREAKING OUT when I read the words ENGAGED and ALEX CASEY.  It was like the time that Kristen told me that her and Steve were engaged.  Everyone was looking at me like I was insane, but I could not stop laughing and saying "oh my goodness."  I tried to explain everything to my companion, but all my Spanish left me.  Madeline, I am so happy for you!!!  And I am going to write you asap - do not worry!  And do not burn my invitation!!!
 
Okay, we have some baptisms coming up - this Saturday Ana, Nageli, and Diego.  Ahh, we are so excited!  And then the next week we have some too. 
 
Yesterday, we had a FHE with a less active family.  The little boy, he is 6 years old, kept saying that I was his favorite missionary and that he only wanted to sit by me.  The little girl is adorable, she is 4 years old, and for some reason reminds me of myself when I was little.  This morning, Hna Quispe and I were talking, and she said, "That little girl is so cute, but so loud, insane and disobedient."  That is when I realized why she reminded me of myself. 
 
I have pictures to send you... But I have decided to not send any pictures until you guys send me some pictures... Sorry.  Well, that and this computer does not have the capabilities.  So next week... Pictures please.  And, although it breaks my heart, I want you to send me a picture of my car...  And know that would never have happened when I was driving.  How did it happen, anyway?
 
The other day, we were eating lunch with the bishop's family and his little boy, who is about 8, asked me how old I was.  I told him 23, and he said, "Really? You could pass for 20."
 
Carnival is coming up and people are already getting into it.  Apparently it is a huge water/food fight for two days, Feb 11 and 12.  We kicked of the season by having a car drive by and spray us with this soapy water.  We are preparing ourselves for the next time with rocks.
 
I am going to write the mission president and then write a little more.
 
Mucho amor,
 
Hermana Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment