Monday, January 28, 2013

Transfers 1/28/13






















Yesterday was transfers...  and Hermana Quispe and I are still together.  We are pretty excited because we have some great investigators right now.

We have Ana and Nageli who have baptism dates for February 9, and they are really great.  They went to church for the first time yesterday, and the young women´s leader came up and asked us if Nageli (who is 12 years old) was a member because she knows how to use the Book of Mormon really well.  We have been teaching them for two weeks.  Ana is the mom, and her husband lives in Spain for work.  But, she has talked to him, and he wants to listen to the lessons when he comes back.  He is probably coming back in the next few months because his sister is in a coma.

This past week was kind of hard. my companion is great, but gets really sad and down really easily... So whenever I was having a hard time, she made it seem like her life was five times worse... Which is okay, I don't mind trying to be the strong, positive one, but sometimes it is hard...  On Tuesday, we saw Hna Morris, and when she first saw me, she stopped and said, "Hermana Ellis, what is wrong with you, you look horrible."  How sweet, I know.  But things are good here.  Hermana Thomas called me the other night just to see how I was doing... Everyone here is really kind.  But, really I am fine.  It was hard, but now it is alright.

One day, Hna Quispe and I were waiting for a bus, joking around and laughing, and I saw a girl to works in a bakery watching us... I turned to my companion and said that we needed to go to the bakery.  Hna Quispe said no, but I told her that the lady needed us... and guess what... she did.  She is pregnant and separated from her husband and works all the time and is unhappy.  She said we could meet with her.  We have been praying a lot for help to recognize the people who are ready for the Gospel, and this little experience proves to me that the Lord always hears our prayers and allows to us to be blessings to other people.

We found some great people this week, and we are hoping they can progress!!  Two of them are young girls who have little babies.  Younger than me!!  17 and 20 - I cannot even picture having a child right now.  They need this gospel.  This past week, I have been really emotional in our lessons... It is so weird.  I just tear up so much.  I was talking about it to Hna Quispe and today we are teaching about death and the spirit world... I am going to try to control my emotions... But I cannot make any promises. 




Mucho Amor,

Hermana Ellis

D&C 31: 2    Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your afamily, yea, your little ones; and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment