Monday, September 24, 2012

me gusta la playa‏

Hello, Family!!

This week has been amazing!  Up until last night, I thought that today I would be in Quito writing this to you, but I am still in Atacames.  They have banished me to the coast until they figure out "what to do with me".  Which, hey, I am not complaining about that.  I feel pretty great here, and, hello, I get to see the ocean everyday.  I just feel like a huge burden that they have to deal with here.  This week has been super busy.  I finished my 12 week missionary training.  And we taught over 30 lessons this week!!!  I have not been a missionary long, but that is the most I have ever had in my mission.  The people here on the coast are so wonderful.

Hermana Quispe is my new best friend.  She is from Bolivia and is the funniest girl I have ever met.  Yesterday was transfers and Hermana Tellez left, and a Hermana Rodrigez is coming here.  I am so glad Hermana Quispe is staying here with me!!  They have helped me with my Spanish so much, even though it is still horrible.  But the members here say they can tell a difference in the week that I have been here, so that is nice.

There have been a few times this week that I have been at lunch at a member's house and I have no idea what I am eating.  That sounds horrible, yeah?  But most the time I am very thankful, because somethings I do not want to know.  They made me eat squid or octopus... I am not sure which.  I have pictures and a video, but they are not uploading right now.... Dang.  But, all in all, everything is good... Except the food.

We had a baptism!!!  Hermana A... was baptized on Thursday.  She is a little old lady who I cannot understand when she talks because she does not have teeth.  Who knew that teeth were so important when it comes to talking?  The baptism was beautiful.  She is a very special lady.

I think that they reason they do not send North American sisters here is because the health care?  And the men?  I do not know.  A lot of guys that I have met have asked me if I am committed to anyone back at home, if I want to live in Ecuador after my mission, and if I want to marry a man from Ecuador.  At first, I thought it was just a normal conversation topic that they have down here.  But then I started getting creeped out.  I feel really safe down here though, especially with two Latina companions.

Everything is wonderful for the most part!!
I love you all!

Hermana Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment