Monday, August 6, 2012

The Slide





Hello!!!

It is the last week in the transfer, and I get to go to Quito and have a meeting.  I have been to Quito so much this transfer, which is weird, because I live 2.5 hours away.

So, you asked me what I do on P days, well we explore the city.  Today, we went to a little city in our area with some Elders.  We always see the slide in the pictures when we tract, and we always wanted to go on it.  Huge mistake.  So I climb up first and go down the death slide and I am just dying of pain and I yell up to Hna Umphenour not to go down.  So, she starts down the latter, but decides just to go down it.  Huge mistake.  She ends up falling on the ground and the wind is knocked out of her.  It was horrible.  Then Elder Galloway, our district leader, goes down the slide.  We are so foolish.  I am sure there were some locals laughing at us stupid gringos.

We also went shopping.  And, as it turns out, I am so good at shopping here.  I will give you an example of a conversation, and do not worry, I will translate it for you.

Me: How much is it? (it says $35)
Man: It is 40, but I will give it to you for 35
Me: Five dollars?!  I will take it!!!
Man: Haha no, no!  Thirty five!
Me:  Hmmm.... Okay... Throw in those little guys and I will take it for 35!
Man:  Haha you are smart, and I like smart people.  I will give you all of this for 45.
Me:  No.  Some other day.
Man:  Okay, okay.  How much?
Me: Twenty.
Man:  No, 40.
Me:  All I have is this.
Man:  Okay, it is a deal.

Sorry, I do not have a lot of time to write today!!
But I love you all!!
Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment