Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012



Okay...

So most of this week was spent in Quito.  I was on splits with Hermana Morris, the mission nurse, for a few days while my comp and her comp were in Ibarra.  Hermana Morris is the best!!!  She is so funny!  I just wanted to stay there forever.  But, poor Hermana Morris, she gets calls about all things health... The best/worst was one elder getting a bean stuck in his ear.  We thought it was super funny until we actually saw how much pain he was in.  Poor kid. 

Being in Quito, I went to both her Zone and District meetings with her.  Some Latino elders tried to convince a Zone Leader to talk to the President about switching me into their zone because I am apparently friendly and cool.  Thanks, elders!!!  It was hilarious. 
Also, an upside to being in Quito was getting a ton of mail!!!  Thank you all so much!  I was in heaven.

I was talking to my companion the other day about how my personality does not show through in Spanish... and she said that it does, especially when I am talking with children.  I love the kids here!!!  They are seriously the best, and they make me feel so awkward because they always give me hugs and hold my hands - you know how I have my personal space bubble.  Anyway, there is this awesome little boy named Brandon - we are teaching his grandmother - we chat because he can understand my Spanish.  And when I was in Quito, Hna Umphenour said that Brandon would not sit through the lesson and that she just does not have the same connection with him as I do. 

There is another member boy who reminds me of Manny off of Modern Family.  The other night, we were driving in a car to a different town and he was trying to help me with my Spanish.  He would yell Spanish words at me and I would yell them back, usually incorrectly, and then everyone would laugh at my lame Spanish.  It was so much fun.  I ended up having the biggest headache at the end of the night.

Whatever.
Well, I have a feeling that things are going to be insane this week.  I hope everything is going well with you all, and I will chat with you later....

Have a great week!!

Okay, I love you all!!!

Hermana Stacia Ellis


PS. I miss Carmel popcorn more than anything, when I get off my mission, I would appreciate some.  Real Carmel, not the chocolate stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment