Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ready to leave the CCM

I AM SO READY TO LEAVE THE CCM!!!
And guess what, I am leaving to Ecuador THIS COMING Monday or Tuesday.  That is crazy.  I am still horrible at Spanish.  But I cannot wait to get out in the real world.  I love the CMM, but all this pretending to teach investigators is killing me.  They do not tell us our travel plans until like the day before we leave, so I cannot tell you what flight I am taking, but I will email you when I get to Ecuador... I think.
Some of our district left this week because they are getting a new mission president and so they wanted all the missionaries in that mission to get into the mission field before  the old president left so he could set up the first transfer.  It was so sad.  The last night they were here, we just talked about our missions in our classroom until they made us go to our rooms.  And when we got to our room, my companions and I, Hermana Giles and Norton (we got put together again) were so depressed.  Those elders are the best, and they took care of us so well.  The picture attached is of all of us setting our camera timers on and running for a picture.
I was thinking about how hard this mission has been, mostly my struggle with the Spanish language, and I was thinking about how different it would be if I picked up on the language right away.  I know I would have had a whole different experience and I would not have learned some of the stuff that I have learned.  And so, for that I am thankful.  But I hope that my Spanish comes along soon.  Very soon.  Like in the next five days, but I will even take the next five months.
And, before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHEY!!!  I know it is not for a few days, but be expecting a little something coming your way... If I can find the post office.
I love being out here, it is really hard, but I would not want to be anywhere else. 
I have to go, we are going to the temple, but I will talk to you later.
I love you all,
Hermana Stacia Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment